1) Search standard reference materials, including on-line sources and the Internet, in order to answer patrons' reference questions.
2) Analyze patrons' requests to determine needed information, and assist in furnishing or locating that information.
3) Teach library patrons to search for information using databases.
4) Keep records of circulation and materials.
5) Supervise budgeting, planning, and personnel activities.
6) Check books in and out of the library
- Administer libraries and perform related library services. Work in a variety of settings, including public libraries, schools, colleges and universities, museums, corporations, government agencies, law firms, non-profit organizations, and healthcare providers.
- Tasks may include selecting, acquiring, cataloguing, classifying, circulating, and maintaining library materials; and furnishing reference, bibliographical, and readers' advisory services. May perform in-depth, strategic research, and synthesize, analyze, edit, and filter information.
- Set up or work with databases and information systems to catalogue and access information.
An accredited library and information qualification /Bachelor+ IT might be beneficial. Communication Skills