1. Obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development.
2. Coordinate sales forecasting, pricing strategies, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization.
3. Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships.
4. Manage the daily activities of the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organization's presence throughout Kuwait.
5. Proactively monitors and maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization's planning efforts.
6. Inspect sales process quality, through periodic field and site visits, and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
7. Reports to upper management bottlenecks and inconsistencies and enacting approved procedures that adequately address such inconsistencies and procedures in a timely fashion.
8. Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
9. Propose and implement enabling technologies, including CRM (Customer Relationship Management), to field sales teams.
10. Propose to upper management and strategies that optimize the effectiveness of HSG's technology investments.
11. Coordinate warehouse and logistics operations (including stock management), in concert with the Chief Operating Officer and the Logistics Manager.
12. Propose and enact strategies to target new sales channels, including, but not limited to: traditional trade and food service, among others.
13. Report and propose short and long-term business development opportunities within the unit.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS:
1. Achieving sales targets and strategic objectives of the annually approved business plan.
2. Maximizing the profitability (percentages and numbers) of the business unit on an annual basis.
3. Ensuring the timely process of payments and receivables in favor of the company from various clients.
4. On-time reporting of sales performance, sales team efficiency to upper management.
5. Demonstrate efficient allocation of resources including budget usage and technologies.
The Sales Director will report directly to the company's Chief Operating Officer (COO) and will be expected to coordinate and work with other administrative employees, Finance, Logistics and Human Resources.
The candidate will have the following qualifications:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
2. No less than (7) years' experience, the last (4) years of which should be as a sales manager with a major food distribution company in Kuwait.
3. Demonstrate high level of both Arabic and English proficiency.
4. Demonstrate a high level of technological awareness and PC usage.
5. Demonstrate clear experience in managing complex and fast moving work environments.
6. Retaining and demonstrating clear analytical focus and thinking.
7. Retains a valid Kuwaiti driver's license.