Oversee, direct, and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation
Policy setting and advisory:
• Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the strategic vision and mission.
• Establish and implement departmental policies and procedures, strategic goals and objectives in conjunction with department heads.
• Establish and implement restaurant policies to guide personnel conduct and duties.
• Ensure full compliance operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
• Attend weekly meetings with president/owner to discuss to discuss follow-up on all important items discussed in prior meetings and those that are directly/related to the company objectives.
Leadership and team building:
• Promote effective leadership to team members.
• Manage and develop the management team to ensure career progression and development.
• Review and approve the hiring of candidates to key management positions.
• Provide leadership and coaching to management in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, and motivating employees to achieve goals and objectives.
• Identify training needs and initiate development of all managers and management.
• Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, make hiring and termination decisions, and evaluate employee performance.
• Lead the design, implementation, and integration of new and existing training programs, operations manuals, assessments, resources, processes, and initiatives that establish a brand-wide culture of continuous learning.
Achieving organizational goals:
• Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of annual operating budget.
• Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity KPIs and identify areas for improvement and efficiency.
• Manage on-going profitability, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
• Maximizing revenue through innovative sales practices and profit management programs.
• Meet and exceed targets based on overall budgeted goals and those at the departmental level.
• Lead and coordinate on key projects such as investment projects, renovation and marketing campaigns.
• Closely monitor business activity reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
• Lead financing initiatives and oversee treasury functions and capital management objectives.
• Prepare strategic and annual forecasts and budgets; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
• Review the monthly and year-end financial reports from the finance department.
• Oversee the monthly financial closing process, independent reviews, and audits.
• Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, the appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
• Monitor budgets and payroll records and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
• Ensure that all restaurant procedures, specifications, guidelines, and training programs are followed and completed on a timely basis.
• Oversee daily departmental activities.
• Oversee the efficient scheduling of events or catering services such as banquets or receptions, and negotiate details of arrangements with clients.
• Monitor daily and weekly reservations, confirmations, and coordinate dining table layout.
• Help in the procurement of operating supplies, equipment and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
• Conduct weekly briefing reports for the general that include follow-up on all important items discussed in previous briefings.
• Conduct weekly unit management meetings with a standard agenda.
• Ensure the efficient scheduling of service and support staff hours and duties.
• Facilitate open discussions and communication with team members, and other business or vendor partners to improve organizational efficiencies and practices.
• Ensure compliance with local regulations and municipality guidelines that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests, Kuwaiti labour laws, fire regulations, and other legal requirements.
• Monitor compliance with health and regulations regarding food preparation, serving, and building maintenance.
• Coordinate with department heads for the execution of control functions within their departments.
• Lead and coordinate efforts between department heads in business planning and forecasting activities.
• Set a positive tone at the top and provide leadership in support of fine dining, service-oriented company culture and guest satisfaction.
• Attend management and shareholder meetings with independent auditors, draft responses and implement action plans for issues raised.
• Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
• Investigate and resolve guest complaints regarding food quality and service.
• Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
• Review independent auditor reports and lead an action plan for resolving issues raised throughout the firm.
• Act as a brand ambassador and attract patrons by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
• Build relationships with corporate clients and participate in new client sourcing and acquisition along with the sales and business development teams.
• Direct and coordinate operations, service, menu, restaurant environment, cleanliness standards, management development service style/system, food safety and internal marketing initiatives.
• Develop, plan, and implement restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns.
• Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Business Management or Restaurant or Culinary Arts Management
• At least 8 years’ experience in a similar role in fine dining or upscale dining establishments including supervisory responsibilities
• Track record of fine dining restaurant process improvement and revenue maximization.
• English and Arabic fluency
• Financial reporting, financial planning and analytical strengths
• Adept with spreadsheet and report building tools.
• A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
• Quick learning skills and ability to understand or master all restaurant software.
• Excellent project and people management skills
• Knowledge of market trends and current operating standards in the region
• Knowledge and application of HACCP and food safety standards and local regulations
• Passionate and motivated about the gastronomic vision and delivering high-end service
Offerd SalaryAbove 2000 KD
Career LevelMid Career
ExperienceMore than 10 years