Purchase Manager plans to organize and direct purchasing, receiving, distribution, storage and other assigned areas of the medical center. Ensures maximum product quality and service at the best possible price; provides the required equipment, supplies and materials economically and in accordance with established standards and budgetary limitations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversees the centralized procurement of all supplies, equipment, and services.
2. Maintain OT operation supplies management.
3. Organizes and oversees receiving and storeroom operations. Ensures timely and accurate distribution of materials and proper storage of stock.
4. Trains/orients and assigns unit staff either directly or through the subordinate supervisors. Develops standards of performance, evaluates performance, and initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions.
5. Develop unit goals and objectives, and establishes and implements policies and procedures for unit operation.
6. Develops and recommends the unit and operating budget and ensures that the unit operates within a budget.
7. Improve and well manage overall purchasing supplies from all suppliers including foreign suppliers.
8. Establishes par levels and reorder points for nursing units and ancillary departments.
9. Set up a perpetual inventory control system, establishing a minimum and maximum unit for each stock item. Monitors inventories in cooperation with the Controller.
10. Implement various cost reduction strategies to manage all purchasing related costs.
11. Provides cost-benefit analyses to substantiate decisions on product selection.
12. Directs maintenance of departmental facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials in a condition to promote efficiency, health, comfort, and safety of patients and staff.
13. Maintains the database for the Materials Management Information system and assures accurate on-hand quantities via cycle counts.
14. Directs the preparation and maintenance of department reports.
15. Acts as an advisor/resource to all departments with regard to supply, equipment and service needs.
16. Minimize and control any expected loss occurring due to expiry and obsolete perceptive of supplies.
17. Manage and reduce required provisions for all inventories on hand.
18. Responsible for purchasing, from requisitions till consumed/replace with alternative items from all suppliers.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration.
EXPERIENCE: 10 years’ experience as a purchase manager with at least 5 years in Healthcare
Offerd Salary850-900 KD
Career LevelMid Career